- This event has passed.
Client Communications: Taking Instructions in a Digital World
July 1, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm AEST$60
What processes and documents should you use to minimise customer/client onboarding risks in a digital world?
Drawing on personal experience and court cases, Noric Dilanchian presents solutions for teleconferencing, electronic communications and remote working. The solutions include checking ID, using contacts databases and template forms, and cybersecurity processes.
Taking Instructions in a digital world
The importance of getting clear and concise instructions from a client cannot be underestimated. Doing this remotely adds complexity and risks that need to be managed.
This session by Noric Dilanchian explores measures to put in place and how to spot any warning flags, ensuring clients and practitioners are protected from interference or abuse.
- What are the options for taking instructions remotely ?
- Have the conduct rules and legislation kept up with changing times?
- Identifying your client – what information do you need? How can it be verified?
- Using teleconferencing – an adequate substitute for face to face interactions?
- Who else is in the room? Can you ensure confidentiality and non-interference?
- Where is the correspondence originating? Spotting fraud and undue influence.
- Tips for minimising risk.