- This event has passed.
Client Communications: Taking Instructions in a Digital World
March 26, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEDT$385
This webinar comprises 3 one-hour sessions covering each of the compulsory CPD subjects for lawyers for the CPD year ending 31 March 2021.
What process and documents do you use to minimise customer/client onboarding risks?
Drawing on personal experience and court cases Noric Dilanchian presents solutions for teleconferencing, electronic communications and remote working. The solutions include checking ID, using contacts databases and template forms, and cybersecurity hints. Register for the 25 Feb (East Coast 2pm to 5pm) three hour webinar with Television Education Network. The cost is $385. Included are two other presentations on the legal ethics complaints process (by barrister Dr Michelle Sharpe) and drafting termination clauses in commercial contracts (by barrister Phillip Bambagiotti).
Taking Instructions in a digital world
The importance of getting clear and concise instructions from a client cannot be underestimated and doing so remotely is an added complexity that comes with some risk.
This session by Noric Dilanchian explores measures to put in place and how to spot any warning flags, ensuring clients and practitioners are protected from interference or abuse.
- What are the options for remotely taking instructions?
- Have the conduct rules and legislation kept up with changing times?
- Identifying your client – what information do you need? How can it be verified?
- Using teleconferencing – an adequate substitute for face to face interactions?
- Who else is in the room? Can you ensure confidentiality and non-interference?
- Where is the correspondence originating? Spotting fraud and undue influence.
- Tips for minimising risk.
This webinar’s organiser is Television Education Network Pty Ltd. and is offered as part of the Network’s professional skills development program for lawyers.