Below are links, a collection of case studies writing in the Lightbulb blog. Call for a conversation when you need to negotiate or prepare a legally binding contract.
- Pharmaceutical patents: “I’d like to thank my lawyer”
- Invention: Garage culture puts fun to work.
- Xerox photocopier: “The most successful product ever marketed in America”
Digital media and Telecommunications
- Web 2.0 ventures: Wisdom for Commercialisation of Social Networking Websites
- Confidential information: DuPont foils a US$400 million trade secrets heist
- Information technology and commercialisation: 7 commercialised IT technologies
- IT and software commercialisation: IP strategy and the rise and rise of Bill Gates
- Software development: Mozilla: An Intellectual Property Monster Story
- Communications and copyright: Content licensing for mobile phones
- Defamation claimed by Dick Smith: You don’t know Dick – but he knows you
Content and Entertainment Industries
- Copyright and television: Copyright traps for television formats
- Music technology and law: Digital music technology and copyright timeline
Music production and performance: Music Business Entrepreneurship: Eulogy for James Brown
- Music formats: Grappling with fallacies: music formats and DRM
Music formats: Music formats and law: commercialisation of 45-rpm records
- Event management: Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours
- Celebrity publicity rights: US publicity rights clearances are essential
Food and beverages
- Celebrity endorsement and licensing: A recipe to make a high net worth celebrity chef
- Cheese trade marks: Is Australian cheese properly branded?
- Chocolate trade marks & trade practices: The Colour Purple: an exercise in expensive litigation
- Wine entrepreneurship and commercialisation: Learning from the wine world of Max Schubert
- Beverage trade practices: Ribena’s Purple Prose Penalty
- Liquor trade practices: Woolworths gambles… and loses
- Coffee trade marks and licensing: Coffee brand values
Fashion and Perfumes
- Fashion law: Australian fashion law and industry trends
- Business finance: Private equity or private debt? Beware the Ides of March.
- Business valuation, sale and finance: Business valuation with EBIT multiples
- Business valuation, sale and finance: Business valuation with price earnings multiples
- Co-operatives – Mitre 10 versus Bunnings: Restructuring co-operatives is hard work
- Business and legal affairs management: Brand destruction writ large
Other special collections
- Special Collection: Deal Making and Contracting
- Special Collection: Business Valuation, Sale or Purchase
Garage innovation: In the two-car garage pictured on the right, inventors Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs designed the Apple 1 computer.
In a speech at Stanford University in 2005 Jobs said, “Woz and I started Apple in my parents’ garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees.”